Thursday, March 3, 2016

Liberation from Time Poverty

Spot the yellow in this gypsy

Recently, Melinda Gates posted a short Instagram clip about women and time poverty. This somehow resonates with me as a working solo parent who has been single-handedly raising a child with her own unique needs and gifts that have to be nurtured.

I came to a big decision, after a long and careful thought: Effective on March 1, 2016, I have resigned from my full-time duties as the Head of Programs of the family foundation of one of the country's wealthiest persons.

Being someone who often feels deeply about many things, it has been a great effort to keep my emotions in check in the past seven months, knowing that I have to continue to be a source of strength and inspiration to my colleagues. I have been blessed with good people, as well as supportive bosses who have mentored me well in the last four and a half years. I am grateful too that they gave me enough time to make a proper discernment, which then allowed us to agree on a suitable consultancy arrangement that is fair to both parties.

I will be resting and making myself more present -- physically, mentally and emotionally -- to my daughter, Krissy, until the middle of March. After which, I shall resume my engagement with the foundation as a Thought Leadership Consultant while devoting more time to Krissy's present situation and her future by dedicating my free time and whatever talents I have as a volunteer in the campaign of two people whose integrity and capability to lead our country, I strongly believe in. 

Please pray with me as I navigate God's plan for Krissy and me in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment